Focus: NIAB will focus on translational research and foster
bio-entrepreneurship in the animal biotechnology sector through:
- Research in the cutting edge areas of biotechnology for improving
health and productivity.
- Production of animal bioreactors in order to strengthen India’s
role as a global player in Pharma, vaccine and enzyme production.
- Development of high yielding livestock and poultry from indigenous and global
- Development of strategies for conservation of indigenous livestock and poultry.
- Establishment of gene banks for genes of interest.